Sunday, January 6, 2013

Instead of Getting Down on Yourself, Get Up

You know the feeling when you're just like, not exactly depressed, but kind of down on yourself? I know I certainly feel like that sometimes. I don't have a solution for it, but I do have an idea that can make it better. Take out all of your cards that you've gotten for your birthday and stuff and a pen and piece of paper. Now open up your cards. You don't have to reread all of them, just skim through picking out the adjectives that your friends and family use to describe you. Write all of those words down on a sheet of paper. Do this with every card. When you're done, read the list starting with the words, "This is the way my friends and family view me" and end it with "This is the way I should view me." Your list might look something like this:
  1. Smart
  2. Caring
  3. Beautiful
  4. Funny 
  5. Witty 
  6. Compassionate
  7. Sweet
  8. Patient
  9. Zany
  10. Quirky
  11. Silly
  12. Dorky
  13. Happy
  14. Adored
  15. Appreciated
  16. Loved
  17. Admired
So this is the way your family views you. But did you know that that's also the way that God views you? He thinks you're smart, funny, compassionate, sweet, zany, and dorky. And that's the way he created you to be. He appreciates you, adores you, and loves you. Now whenever you're feeling down on yourself, just  look back on this list. Your family and God all view you this way, and you should too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment