Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Glitter-Coated Vases

I don't know about you, but I LOVE glitter! Now, I'm not a girly-girl, but I do love sparkles! Here's a really fun craft idea that I found on Pinterest. Hope you enjoy!

DIY glitter vases from The Sweetest Occasion
Supplies:
  • Glass containers (preferably with smooth, straight sides)
  • Glitter (I used Martha Stewart Crafts glitter in Wintermint and Bronze from Michaels)
  • Foam brush
  • Painter’s tape
  • ModPodge
DIY glitter vases from The Sweetest Occasion
DIY glitter vases from The Sweetest OccasionDIY glitter vases from The Sweetest Occasion
For the first vase I used a small cylindrical vase and using the foam brush, applied a thin and even coat of ModPodge on the interior walls of the vase. Next up, I dumped in a generous amount of glitter and rolling the vase in my hands, tapped the sides to get the glitter to evenly coat the ModPodge.
DIY glitter vases from The Sweetest Occasion
Then just let the vase dry. It takes a few hours, depending on how thick you apply the ModPodge. Any excess glitter can just be scooped up and put back in the original container for reuse. If you miss any spots on the vase, simply apply a second coat using the same technique using a thin layer of ModPodge, then applying glitter and swirling to coat.
Here's the finished product! A beautiful vase coated in
glitter and just waiting to hold some fresh flowers
I was not smart enough to come up with this. I found it on Pinterest and went to the link. Here it is: 
http://www.thesweetestoccasion.com/2012/07/diy-glitter-vases/
You can go there and find even more fun ideas to make simple thins special!

1 comment: