Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day and Lent

This week, there's two big things going on. It's Valentine's Day tomorrow and Lent started today! I'm excited for both! Valentine's Day is always fun. My school sells Candy Grams in the morning before school and they're delivered all on Thursday. I plan to get there tomorrow to get one for my friends Katie, Kylie, Marie, Catarina, and my crush. I'm not sure if I should get one for him though. He's in my Spanish class, so if I get him one I was thinking about putting Emanuel (his Spanish name) on it, but if I do then he knows that it's someone in his Spanish class, and I'm pretty sure that he knows I like him, so I'm not sure if I should. But enough of me.
This week Lent begins too. My church has a great calendar set up for it. Since we're not too traditional, you give up a different thing each day instead of one thing every day. It may sound easier, but it is in no way less challenging. Here's what we have for this week, and feel free to try it if you want. 

Wednesday
Take a break from Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. for the entire week. I know it sounds hard, but it's possible!

Thursday
Add blogs and any other internet sites that you don't need for school stuff to the list. Yes, you get to get rid of this for the whole week too!

Friday
Add TV to the list. 

Saturday
No electronic screens of any kind! When you feel the urge to get on one, call someone, write a letter, or go outside. 

Sunday
Rest, enjoy, and relax.

I'll add next week's stuff on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment